Mark Yates signed off as Solihull Moors manager by seeing his side ease to a final day victory over play-off hopefuls Eastleigh.

First half goals from James Ball and Joe Sbarra put them in control and an excellent defensive performance after the break saw Moors over the line.

Eastleigh were among the clubs in with a shout of the top seven going into the game but were second best in the early stages as Moors twice forced keeper Joe McDonnell into saves - Alex Addai and Ball with decent chances.

The breakthrough came on 29 minutes when Ball and Kyle Hudlin exchanged passes before the former thundered his shot into the top left-hand corner from 25 yards.

Ben House twice went close for Eastleigh while Addai was denied by McDonnell at the other end.

Then, with five minutes of the half remaining, Tyrone Barnett looked to have levelled only for his effort to be cleared off the line by Jordan Cranston.

That miss proved costly when, on the stroke of half-time, Sbarra drilled in Solihullโ€™s second of the game with a low drive from the edge of the box.

Half-time: Solihull Moors 2-0 Eastleigh

Barnett missed another gilt-edged opportunity at the start of the second half, directing an unmarked header straight at Boot, before the home side twice went close in the space of a minute as Hudlin flicked an effort just wide following good work from Addai down the right before Sbarra was denied by an excellent McDonnell save.

Eastleigh boss Ben Strevens sent on the cavalry going into the final stages and the visitors finished the game with four strikers.

But the closest they got to a consolation came in the final seconds when Andrew Boyce found space just inside the area only to be foiled by an excellent low save from Boot.

Full-time: Solihull Moors 2-0 Eastleigh

Solihull Moors: Boot (GK), Williams, Cranston, Storer (c), Sbarra (Hancox 82), Maycock, Ball, Hudlin (Rooney 82), Cameron, Addai (Donawa 76), Thompson.

Subs not used: Piggott, Archer.

Report by David Lawrence

Image by Richard King