Moors were late winners on the road as substitute Danny Newton struck four minutes from time to seal victory at King’s Lynn Town.

Newton got on the end of Callum Howe’s header back across goal after Jamey Osborne had delivered a free-kick from deep.

The result stretched Moors' strong run of form to just one defeat in eight games, as the team picked up a third successive clean sheet.

Team news

Manager Neal Ardley made two changes from the side that drew 0-0 with Wealdstone in midweek.

Adam Rooney and Ryan Barnett came into the starting eleven, as Newton and Justin Donawa returned to the bench.

The match

Some quick thinking from Lois Maynard saw Andrew Dallas in behind early on, as the defender found the run of the striker from a free-kick. Dallas picked out Joe Sbarra with the cut-back, who was denied by a late block just as Moors’ number seven had pulled the trigger.

Jordan Cranston’s teasing delivery into the box then caused slight chaos in the Linnets defence as they had to scramble clear at the back post, with the ball rolling towards the goal line.

Neat interchange once again between Dallas and Sbarra saw the latter let fly at goal from distance, causing home ‘keeper Paul Jones to tip over the top.

Sbarra then used his low centre of gravity to somehow squeeze past his opponent, before setting Callum Maycock up to strike – the midfielder could only clear the crossbar with his left-footed scooped effort.

Ryan Boot was called into action late in the half as Ethan Coleman’s driven free-kick was straight into the gloves of the grateful stopper.

Half-time: King’s Lynn Town 0-0 Solihull Moors

With the second half just six minutes old, Boot was again alert with a diving save to his left to tip a fizzing effort around for a corner.

Rooney was having a good game on his return to the starting line-up and linked up well with Sbarra, before flashing an effort across the face of goal with no one there to capitalise.

Ardley’s first roll of the dice saw Osborne replace Sbarra, giving Moors’ returning man the best part of half an hour to make an impact.

Ian Culverhouse’s men were always in it with the score line at 0-0, and they went close as Michael Clunan hit one at goal that deflected inches wide of the post with Boot rooted.

A double change saw Kyle Hudlin and Newton replace Dallas and Rooney as the game entered the final 10 minutes.

Hudlin almost made an immediate impact with two effort in quick succession. The first saw a long-range effort palmed wide, before the big was denied as his strike was deflected over the top.

It turned out to be fellow substitute, Newton, who was the man on the spot to break the deadlock with 86 minutes gone.

Osborne’s free-kick was accurate and found the head of Howe at the back-post. He nodded back across goal for Newton who couldn’t miss, as he connected on the volley from a few yards out to win it for Moors.

Full-time: King’s Lynn Town 0-1 Solihull Moors

Solihull Moors: Boot (GK), Cranston, Howe ©, Gudger, Sbarra (Osborne 62), Maycock, Rooney (Newton 81), Barnett, Ball, Dallas (Hudlin 81), Maynard.

Subs not used: Williams, Donawa.

Attendance: 1,009

Image by Richard King