Moors Stretch Winning Run to Three!

Tyrone Williams' first goal of the season set Moors on their way to a third consecutive league win as they beat 10-men Barnet 2-0 on Good Friday.

Williams rose highest to send a looping header over Bees stopper Ayman Azaze on the stroke of half-time before Kyle Hudlin sealed the points, taking advantage of a statuesque Barnet defence to round Azaze and score.

Barnet felt Sbarra had passed to Hudlin in an offside position but the whistle didn't blow and the striker kept his cool to claim his seventh National League goal of the season. Themis Kefalas was sent off late on for the hosts.

In the Easter sunshine, the visitors started brightly at the Hive, Hudlin making his presence known to former Moors defender Liam Daly as an aerial battle ensued between the pair.

Skipper Kyle Storer was imposing himself on the game, enjoying plenty of the ball in the middle of the park, a neat exchange with Jordan Cranston saw the left-back drive a dangerous ball into the area but Hudlin poked it wide.

Hudlin then met Ryan Barnett's corner with a firm downward header but Bees keeper Azaze showed good reactions to save with his legs.

Barnett who had looked a threat, was then forced from the field following a nasty collision and Jamie Ward replaced him.

The Northern Irishman wasting no time in making an impact as his cross found Williams who did brilliantly to direct a looping header beyond Azaze and into the net.

The half-time lead was much deserved for Mark Yates' men and the Moors boss would have been pleased by the way his side had controlled the tempo in the first half.

Moors keeper Ryan Boot had enjoyed a quiet afternoon but he did have to be alert early in the second half to palm away Antony Wordsworth's free-kick.

And Barnet almost levelled in a very unorthodox way, centre-half Matt Preston kept the corner alive and Ephron Mason-Clark's backwards header came back off the woodwork.

But with just over 10 minutes remaining, Moors doubled their lead. A bizarre piece of play saw the Barnet defenders stop, appealing for offside but Hudlin played on to trick his way past Azaze before slotting into an empty net.

The goal all but confirmed victory for Moors, especially when Kefalas received his marching orders for a second bookable offence with less than five minutes still to play.

Yates would have been delighted by his side's performance and after three wins in three, Moors will be full of confidence ahead of Easter Monday's clash against league leaders Sutton United.

Solihull Moors: Boot; Usher-Shipway, (Piggott, 90+2), McNally, Williams, Cranston; Storer, Maycock, Sbarra; Barnett, (Ward, 43) Hudlin, Archer (Donawa, 61)

Subs Not Used: Coxe, Clayton

Click HERE for Friday's minute by minute match report.