First Team Match Reports

Dagenham & Redbridge v Solihull Moors

3 - 2 Apr 17th 2021 at 12:30

Starting Lineup

Dagenham & Redbridge

1Elliott Justham
3Elliott Johnson
6Kenny Clark
9Paul McCallum
10Ángelo Balanta 41' Scott Wilson 90'
12Matt Robinson 50'
14George Saunders 29' Liam Gordon 46'
18Mohammed Sagaf
20Will Wright
22Mauro Vilhete
26Joey Jones Tom Smith 87'


Dagenham & Redbridge

2Callum Reynolds
19Tom Smith
23Saidou Khan
25Scott Wilson
27Liam Gordon

Starting Lineup

Solihull Moors

1Ryan Boot
21Ben Usher-Shipway
17Jordan Piggott
2Tyrone Williams
3Jordan Cranston 11'
4Kyle Storer
15Callum Maycock Adam Rooney 62'
18James Ball
7Joe Sbarra Cameron Archer 76'
30Alex Addai Mitch Hancox 76'
27Kyle Hudlin


Solihull Moors

9Adam Rooney 94'
12Cameron Coxe
24Mitch Hancox
25Cameron Archer
26Justin Donawa

Match Report

Dagenham & Redbridge v Solihull Moors
Dagenham & Redbridge v Solihull Moors


Moors boss Mark Yates made one change from the team that achieved an impressive 2-1 victory over Notts County on Tuesday night.

James Ball who made an immediate goalscoring impact from the bench was rewarded with a start, with Cameron Archer the man to make way.

Archer took up a place on the bench, alongside Adam Rooney and Justin Donawa, giving Yates plenty of attacking options to fall back on.


Moors made a bright start on Saturday afternoon, Alex Addai picked up where he’d left off against Notts County, causing problems for his opposing full-back.

Kyle Hudlin who had scored the winner against Notts was again the focal point up top, an early ball arrowed into him was cleared but only as far as Kyle Storer on the edge of the box.

Skipper Storer running onto it first time, made a good connection but the shot was always rising and it was nothing to trouble Elliot Justham in the Dagenham goal.

Then on 10 minutes, Addai drew a foul just outside the area, Jordan Cranston stepped up and fired Moors into the lead.

Teed up by Storer and Joe Sbarra, Cranston deceived the keeper with a low strike in off the post, a clever set-piece routine that nudged the visitors ahead.

Hudlin in the side for his goalscoring was proving very useful at the other end of the pitch, the big striker making a telling interception as Mauro Vilhete looked to pull the trigger.

In the other penalty area, the Daggers defence were needed to stay sharp in order to deal with Cranston’s whipped deliveries.

Yates would have been happy with his side as the first-half neared its midway point, looking threatening at the business end of the pitch and resolute in their own penalty area.

Moors were frustrating Dagenham, restricting them to efforts from long range, Vilhete’s effort whistled wide close to the half-hour mark.

Although that effort proved to be a warning sign for Moors and shortly after Daggers pulled themselves back level.

Angelo Balanta had started to get into the game and it was the winger's cross that produced the equaliser, George Saunders ghosting in at the back post to prod home.

Yates’ men responded well to the Daggers goal, Addai beat Vilhete, his low cross found Hudlin but the forward couldn’t make a telling contact and it dribbled through to Justham.

Hudlin was imposing himself on the game, a neat backheel found Sbarra on the break but the midfielder driving towards the box, was well tracked by a defender.

Then that same combination almost put Moors back in front, the twinkle-toed Hudlin somehow dug out a pass to Sbarra whose drilled shot was well saved by Justham.

A great save at one end and then Daggers took the lead at the other. Storer was adjudged to have handled and Balanta duly tucked away the resulting spot-kick.

On the stroke of half-time, Moors had half-hearted appeals for a penalty of their own, Hudlin’s header back across saw Tyrone Williams go down but the referee was unmoved.

That was as close as Moors came to finding an equaliser before the break as Dagenham went into the interval, holding the slender advantage.

HT: Dagenham & Redbridge 2-1 Solihull Moors

The hosts made a fast start to the second half, Vilhete who had been dangerous throughout, whipped in a cross but Matt Robinson headed wide.

Wide on that occasion but he found the net soon after, Robinson turning home Will Wright’s corner.

A setback for the Moors, and arguably one of the worst times to concede but Yates’ men didn’t shy away and looked to get back in the game.

Led by Storer, the visitors searched for a reply, enjoying plenty of possession as they sought to break down the Daggers defence.

Ball found Sbarra on the overlap, he in turn picked out Storer but racing onto it the skipper dragged his effort wide of Justham’s near post.

Justham was called into action soon after, Williams flicked his header goalwards but flying across his goal, the Dagenham keeper somehow managed to keep the ball out.

Moors were knocking on the door, Ben Usher-Shipway made inroads into the box but Kenny Clark beat Adam Rooney to the near-post ball.

Daggers were clinging onto their two-goal lead but were doing a successful job of keeping the likes of Hudlin and substitute Rooney at bay.

It wasn’t for lack of trying but Moors were unable to find a way past the Daggers backline, their task made doubly difficult when Williams received a red card for an off the ball incident.

So down to ten for the remaining 15 minutes but Moors weren't giving up the fight.

With the clock ticking down, Elliot Johnson was forced into a last-ditch tackle as substitute Cameron Archer appeared destined to convert.

Archer unlucky there but strike partner Rooney did find the net with a poacher's goal in added time, giving Moors a glimmer of hope of nicking a point.

Moors probed until the very last kick of the game but, ultimately it wasn’t to be for Yates’ men who will now look forward to back to back games with Yeovil Town.

FT: Dagenham & Redbridge 3-2 Solihull Moors

Click a to expand () the menu