First Team Match Reports

Barnet v Solihull Moors

0 - 2 Apr 2nd 2021 at 15:00

Starting Lineup


24Aymen Azaze
5Matt Preston
7Alexander McQueen
10Michael Petrasso Antonis Vasiliou 23'
11JJ Hooper
15Themis Kefalas
16Harry Taylor
27Ephron Mason-Clark
30Lee Vaughan Tomi Adeloye 73'
38Liam Daly
40Antony Wordsworth Xander McBurnie 66'



12James Callan
14Muhammadu Faal
19Xander McBurnie
21Tomi Adeloye
33Antonis Vasiliou

Starting Lineup

Solihull Moors

1Ryan Boot
21Ben Usher-Shipway Jordan Piggott 92'
16Reiss McNally
2Tyrone Williams 45'
3Jordan Cranston
4Kyle Storer
15Callum Maycock
7Joe Sbarra
28Ryan Barnett Jamie Ward 43'
27Kyle Hudlin 77'
25Cameron Archer Justin Donawa 61'


Solihull Moors

11Jamie Ward
12Cameron Coxe
13Niall Clayton
17Jordan Piggott
26Justin Donawa

Match Report

Barnet v Solihull Moors
Barnet v Solihull Moors


Moors boss Mark Yates was forced into making one change to the side that claimed a 3-0 comprehensive victory over Wealdstone on Tuesday night.

Adam Rooney picked up a knock in that game and so had to sit this one out, Kyle Hudlin coming in to replace him.

Mitch Hancox served the last of his two-match ban whilst James Ball was serving the second of a three-match ban.

A couple of familiar faces lined up for the hosts, skippering the side, Liam Daly was a fan favourite during his time with the Moors as was Lee Vaughan, starting in midfield for the Bees.


In the Easter Friday sunshine, Moors started well, looking to use Hudlin as an outlet and attempting to find Jo Sbarra in pockets of space in front of the Bees back four.

But Barnet was the first to have an attempt at goal as Alexander McQueen found space on the right. The Barnet winger fashioned himself an opening but his shot went high and wide of Ryan Boot's goal.

Skipper Kyle Storer was enjoying plenty of the ball in the early exchanges, looking to dictate the tempo and set Moors on the attack.

Moors were dominating possession but it was the hosts looking the more threatening, this time Ephron Mason-Clark's long-range effort fizzed just over the bar.

The visitor's first half-chance arrived on the 15-minute mark as Cameron Archer turned Jordan Cranston's free-kick goalwards at the far post but Bees keeper Ayman Azaze was equal to it.

A neat interchange between Storer and Cranston then saw the left-back reach the byline, but his cut-back was poked wide by Hudlin.

Next Storer's ball into the area was only partially cleared, it dropped to Ryan Barnett and then Sbarra, who saw his shot deflected just over.

Shortly after, from a Barnett corner, Hudlin nodded a header goalwards but Azaze's positioning was spot on and the keeper was able to save with his legs.

As the half-hour mark passed, it was one-way traffic. Barnet forced to deal with a succession of Moors set-plays.

In particular, Yates would have been pleased with how quickly his side regained possession once the ball had been lost.

Barnett was growing into the game, his ball found Hudlin in the middle but as the striker turned, he was shrugged off it by the close attentions of Bees defender, Matt Preston.

But just as he was looking dangerous, Barnett was forced from the field having sustained a blow to the face. Jamie Ward came on to replace him just before half-time.

And Ward made an immediate impact. He showed a delicate piece of skill to shrug off Vaughan before his cross found Tyrone Williams in the middle of the box.

The defender still had a lot to do, but he directed a powerful header over Azaze and into the far corner to claim his first league goal of the season.

It was no more than Moors had deserved who had been the far better side in the first-half, boss Yates would have been delighted that his side had claimed that all-important breakthrough just before the interval.

HT: Barnet 0-1 Solihull Moors

Early in the second half, Boot was forced into action by Antony Wordsworth. The Bees forward looked to catch the keeper off guard with a free-kick, but the Moors stopper was alert to the danger and palmed the ball away.

At the other end, substitute Ward was proving a threat, his lay off was just taken off the feet of Callum Maycock before the onrushing Sbarra saw his driven shot go high and wide from the edge of the area.

Cranston's corner caused havoc in the box, Reiss McNally challenged, the ball looked to strike Vaughan's arm but the referee deemed it unintentional and waved away the visitors' appeals.

Then from a Bees corner, Preston peeled off at the back post to keep Antony Vasilou's deep delivery alive and Ephron Mason-Clark's backwards header came back off the woodwork, a warning shot for the Moors.

But with just over ten minutes remaining, Moors could relax as Hudlin doubled Moors' leads in bizarre circumstances.

Azaze's clearance was cut out by what appeared Joe Sbarra, rebounded to Hudlin, Barnet appealed for offside but the striker played to the whistle, to round the keeper and score.

A calm finish from Hudlin who showed composure to beat Azaze before calmly slotting into the empty net.

And if that strike didn't seal all three points then Themis Kefalas' late dismissal certainly did. The defender shown red for a second bookable offence with just under five minutes remaining.

Ward almost put the icing on the cake in stoppage time, but his rasping drive whistled just wide of the far post. So 2-0 was it how it stayed for the Moors who claimed their third league win on the bounce.

FT: Barnet 0-2 Solihull Moors

Click a to expand () the menu