The Solihull community will come together at The Automated Technology Group Stadium later this month.
Solihull Moors’ Vanarama National League fixture at home to Barrow on Saturday 25 March will mark the ‘Big Celebration’ - an event being driven by the club’s thriving community department.
Backed by a grant by the Big Lottery and fully-supported by Solihull Moors Supporters Association, Community Moors will help to create a family fun day that brings the people of the borough together.
It will be a chance to celebrate the club’s growing fanbase and help introduce new supporters to The Moors.
The day will get underway from 12.15pm and be a fun-filled, action-packed afternoon that will include the following:
- Activity for kids of all ages including face painting, hardest shot competition, 5-a-side tournaments, target shooting and a bouncy castle.
- Smart Homes’ ‘hook a duck’ stall.
- Entertainment provided by Solihull Music Service.
- Autograph signing session with The Moors’ playing squad.
- Star guests in the form of ex-Birmingham City and Coventry City striker Dele Adebola and England Women’s legend and current Solihull Ladies star Rachel Unitt.
Mark Fogarty, The Moors’ director of sport, said: “Three years ago we made a conscious effort to try and increase our crowds via our work in the community and this has happened year on year.
“This celebration event will again introduce more families to the club who ordinarily haven’t had the chance to come and see us.
“We have been busy speaking in local assemblies and doing free sessions in schools and the children are really excited to have the chance to attend the club on this day and take part in the numerous activities.
“We really are a family club and once the families have been once we feel that they will come again and again. The whole club is involved and extremely active in wanting to make this day a fantastic event for all.”
Family tickets will be handed out to a host of local schools and the club’s youth & junior sections while Johnsons Coaches will provide transports to and from Chelmsley Wood.
Spread the word to friends and family and show your commitment to the event across Twitter by using #BigCelebration in your posts.